Friday, August 17, 4-6 p.m., exclusive member preview
Saturday, August 18, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Sunday, August 19, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Back for its sixth year, Art in the Garden is a unique showcase of art and nature, geared to Arboretum visitors of all ages. Find a wide variety of art displayed by talented artists who will be on hand to meet with visitors in the "Artist Village" near the Margot Picnic Shelters. The Artist Village is a place where visitors and artists can mix, mingle, stroll, eat and shop!
The Arboretum has expanded the family fun events this year.
- Saturday live music: Prairie Ramblers Dixieland Band, 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
- Sunday live music: Mary DuShane and Nick Jordan, American Fiddle Music, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Sunday event: Origami in the Garden community fold, 1-2:30 p.m.
- Sunday demonstration: Kendama toy expert Jacob Trebil, 1-2 p.m.
- An Arboretum Catering food tent will be on site to serve hungry, thirsty patrons!
Art in the Garden is a showcase of art in nature featuring traditional art mediums:
|-- Ceramics||-- Jewelry||-- Wood|
|-- Sculpture||-- Fiber Arts||-- Painting|
|-- Mixed Media||-- Drawing/Printmaking||-- Glass|
|-- Photography||-- Metal||-- Recycled/Green Art|
The Young Artist category featuring artists ages 12 - 17. Come visit and shop these budding artists' work, located in Picnic Shelter B, near the Learning Center.